If you’ve got an appreciation for your vehicle, you’ll appreciate the peace-of-mind knowing it’s protected while you’re away. At Cartronix, we are expert vehicle security specialists and know how to create a uniquely suited vehicle security system just for you. Whether a convertible, lifted truck, exotic supercar, restored classic or any other type of vehicle, we keep the vehicle secure and the thieves out. Our attention to detail in the professional installation makes all the difference in the world.
The vehicle security systems we install at Cartronix can be outfitted with optional sensors for every vehicle or unique situation. A shock (sometimes called “impact”) sensor is standard, but we can easily add other specialty sensors for specific needs. We also have multiple ways to discourage thieves from hanging around when the security system triggers. Here are some examples:
- Field Disturbance Sensor (also called “radar” or “proximity” sensor) – these are used in open top vehicles like convertibles, sunroof cars, Jeeps or open truck beds to detect movement while the vehicle is exposed. If, for example, someone reaches in to grab an item, the sensor detects the movement and triggers the security system
- Digital Tilt Sensor – These are ideal for vehicles with premium wheels and tires to greatly reduce the probability of thieves attempting to steal the wheels by jacking up the vehicle.
- Glass Break Sensor – Although the shock sensor provides good coverage for smashing glass, other methods of breaking glass may not involve impact. This is where a glass break sensor is helpful. It has a microphone that monitors for the specific frequency range of breaking glass and triggers the security system when that event is detected.
- Pressure Sensors – We can add pressure sensors to the floor, seats or other areas to keep an additional layer of security should someone step into the vehicle.
- Magnetic Switches – Many applications such as sliding rear windows on trucks or tool boxes on commercial vehicles benefit from coverage using magnetic switches that trigger the security system when the two magnets are separated.
- Augmented Audible Responses – While an electronic multi-tone siren is standard, we can add additional sirens, activate the factory horn and install interior piezo sirens (a.k.a “pain generators”) to discourage thieves.
- Augmented Visual Responses – To enhance visual attention, we connect to the vehicle’s parking lights to flash them when the security system triggers. We can also install strobe lighting to make attract even more attention.
- Add Keyless Entry – Lock and unlock your power door locks whenever the security system arms and disarms from the remote control. If the vehicle lacks power door locks, no problem – we can add them.
With all of our security systems, standard trigger points include opening any entry door, opening the engine compartment, activating the ignition system or attempting to disable the system by cutting power. All of these events will trigger the security system.
Add a Remote Car Starter
Many of our security systems at Cartronix can be combined with a remote car starting feature. It makes pre- heating or cooling down the vehicle interior before entry a substantial benefit to the comfort of your drive. Like our remote car starters, you can also control the security system with keychain remotes or through an app on your Apple® or Android™-based smartphone. Visit our Remote Car Starters page for more information.
Professional Installation is Our Difference
At Cartronix, we take extreme pride in our workmanship and how we install your vehicle security system. We solder and insulate all of our wire-to-wire connections and camouflage our wiring among factory wiring paths so that a potential thief can’t distinguish the security system wires from the factory wiring. This makes the security system nearly impossible to disable by looking at wiring. We also take the time to properly calibrate sensors so that your vehicle does not ‘false’ and create unnecessary havoc in your neighborhood or place of business. With our professional installation, you need not worry about dash warning lights, dead batteries or other issues with the vehicle’s normal operation. That’s the Cartronix difference. The highest compliment is what we install operates seamlessly and is virtually undetectable, even to mechanics. We’re installing with the professional skills of a factory technician, maybe even better. Thieves hate us.
Cartronix is your Vehicle Security Headquarters
Call us at (219) 548-2571 and schedule a no-cost, personalized consultation to discuss the vehicle security options available for your vehicle. We consider where you drive, where you park, what accessories are on the vehicle and how best to protect it from being stolen or valuables stolen from within. We’re here to help and provide the comprehensive vehicle security installation in the business.