The chill of winter weather makes leaving the house or office to warm up your car an uncomfortable chore. It’s also safety risk where ice and snow are a factor. Even the heat and humidity of summer, pre-cooling the car is a nice feature to consider. Cartronix has your solution. We offer remote car starters for every make and model of vehicle, whether it’s a brand new European exotic or a trusted classic oldie. Simply push a button on one of several remote control options and your vehicle starts to warm or cool the interior. Our systems accommodate all of your vehicle’s specific attributes including diesel and hybrid vehicles, push-to-start (keyless ignition) cars, vehicles using ‘coded’ transponder keys, vehicles with existing security or keyless entry systems and much more. Our attention to detail in the highly skilled installation is what we call the Cartronix difference.
Remote Car Starter Safety Features
Starting a vehicle without someone behind the wheel requires some acknowledgement of safety procedures that we employ during the installation of your remote car starter. We ensure that the vehicle will only start remotely if the predetermined safe conditions exist. This eliminates the probability of accidents or human error. Some of the safety monitoring and circuit connections include:
- Monitoring of Engine RPMs – As a measure of safety, our systems monitor engine RPMs to provide confirmation the vehicle starts and does not over rev the engine. In the event the vehicle does not start on the first try and all other safety inputs are okay, the remote starter system automatically makes subsequent attempts until it does start.
- Emergency Brake Engagement – The emergency brake in most vehicles must be engaged before the vehicle is able to start by remote. This ensures it will not move unexpectedly, especially on hills or steep driveways.
- Foot Brake Engine Disable – Our systems shut the engine down if the foot brake is pressed and the key is not inserted in the ignition. When the driver enters the vehicle and inserts the key (or transmitter on push-to-start cars), this is how the remote starter transitions to the normal vehicle operation as if it started with the key.
- Engine Compartment Monitoring – When the engine compartment is open, our remote car starters do not allow the engine to start for purposes of safety. There may bodily injury to hands, arms, eyes or other body parts from radiator hoses, belts, moving parts, etc.
- Locked Doors – All of our remote starter systems keep the doors locked until the driver chooses when to unlock them. Doing so ensures no unauthorized occupants enter the vehicle, including children.
Control from a Distance
At Cartronix, we offer multiple options to control your remote car starter system. 1-way and 2-way keychain transmitters that fit easily in your pocket are standard with many systems. The benefit of a 2-way transmitter is that you get confirmation of the doors locking (or unlocking), the vehicle starting and many other elements of the remote car starter operation. 2-way transmitters function from as far as a mile away in ideal conditions, certainly enough for your home or office. If your vehicle already has a key fob for factory-installed keyless entry, we can conveniently combine functionality so you need only carry one remote to operate everything. Simple and easy operation, yet very functional; this is the Cartronix advantage.
An optional GPS-enabled transceiver provides control of the remote car starter system through your Apple® or Android™-based smartphone from anywhere in the world wherever you (and the vehicle) have a cellular signal. You can start your car or use the GPS location feature to provide the vehicle’s location on a map so you know if the vehicle has been moved or driven outside a pre-determined area. Using a smartphone to control your remote car starter is a great feature to monitor status and location for those who frequently travel or have extended periods away from their vehicle.
Many of the remote car starter systems we offer at Cartronix have onboard security features that perfectly suit vehicles lacking comprehensive security coverage, both from the vehicle being stolen and from valuables taken from within. Visit our Vehicle Security page for more information on the wide range of possibilities for vehicle security. When you visit us, ask our remote starter experts about the combined remote starter and security features for your vehicle.
Professional Installation is Our Difference
At Cartronix, we take extreme pride in our workmanship and how we install your remote car starter. We solder and insulate all of the wire-to-wire connections in every remote car starter installation. We use factory-like wire protection so that our wiring looks just like the factory harnesses. Where we interface into your vehicle’s computer systems, we use specialized interface hardware that emulates the vehicle’s data messages. By programming the interface hardware with computer-based firmware, we are able to remote start vehicle without a key in the ignition, even though it thinks there is one there. With our professional installation, you need not worry about dash warning lights, dead batteries or other issues with the vehicle’s normal operation. That’s the Cartronix difference. The highest compliment is what we install operates seamlessly and is virtually undetectable, even to mechanics. We’re installing with the professional skills of a factory technician, maybe even better. Yes, we’re that good. Let us show you just how good we are.
Remote Car Starter Buying Guide
Cartronix is proud to be named as a trusted facility in the Ultimate Remote Car Starter Buying Guide. This e-book walks you through the process of selecting a quality facility to have your remote car starter installed. Only facilities that meet up to the guidelines spelled out in the book can be listed as a trusted facility.
Make the Cartronix Choice
Call us at (219) 548-2571 and schedule a no-cost, personalized consultation to discuss the remote car starter options available for your specific vehicle and needs. We’re here to help and provide the most expert advice on remote car starters that you’ll find.